Walk the Walk America, Inc
This Website is provided by Walk the Walk America, Inc which is registered in New York State, and whose registered office is at 1600 Bausch & Lomb Place, Rochester, New York 14604-2711 (WTW America
). WTW America operates this website (the Website
) and we respect the privacy of individuals who use the Website.
Please click here
to view the participation waiver. This waiver is signed electronically by all participants when entering any of the Walk the Walk America MoonWalk challenges.
Below we have set out how we use the information that you give us and how the Website operates.
WTW America processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- your entry into events;
- keeping you informed about our work;
- keeping you informed about promotions and future events run by WTW America, Walk the Walk Worldwide and other third parties;
- achieving the charitable objectives and marketing of a charitable organisation;
- marketing and selling our products and those of any subsidiary or group company;
- using your photograph or a film image or sound recording of you to promote WTW America or to advertise the objectives of WTW America;
- printing your name in any press listing of the participants of any event into which you have entered;
- transferring your personal data to any group or subsidiary company (including Walk the Walk Worldwide, our associated charity in the UK) or any company with which we have a contractual relationship in respect of the collection of data, the fulfillment of services or the sale of products;
- transferring your personal data to the Internal Revenue Service;
- transferring your personal data to the charities to whom it grants funds;
- transferring your personal data to organisations that support the objects of WTW America; and
- with your consent, to send you information about WTW America and the other Walk the Walk charities by email in accordance with the applicable laws.
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us by any media. We may also collect personal data which relate to you from third parties.
Your personal data may be sent to and stored in the United Kingdom.
Sensitive Personal Information
Certain personal information is categorised as “Sensitive Personal Data”. In some circumstances, WTW America provides you with the opportunity to inform us of your sensitive personal data, in such cases we are either permitted to process such data or will obtain your consent to do so. In general, the sensitive personal data collected by WTW America is limited to information in connection with your physical or mental health or condition.
WTW America will also collect information to perform anonymised, statistical analysis of your interaction with the Website.
WTW America ensures that it is permitted to process your personal data. If the law states that we cannot undertake a particular form of processing without your consent, we will only process such data if we obtain your consent. You may withdraw your consent to our processing your personal data for some of the above purposes by writing to the address below.
If you withdraw consent to process your personal data this will not necessarily mean that WTW America ceases to process your personal data as it may, for example, be under a statutory duty to continue to process your personal data for some purposes e.g. to keep copies of commercial transactions for a minimum of seven years. Any personal information you send to us will be treated in the strictest confidence.
WTW America may continue to process your personal data after you have ceased to be connected with WTW America or its events or we have sent you any information requested by you.
Monitoring of telephone calls and e-mails
Your telephone calls and e-mails to us may be recorded and monitored for quality control purposes. We may also intercept communications made to individual members of staff at WTW America when this is required for business purposes.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website. This can include using a "cookie", pieces of information that are transferred to an individual user's hard drive for record keeping purposes.
At the present time the cookie we send to your computer stores only basic information which you enter into the Website, which may include your name, address, phone number and email address. It is possible for WTW America to retrieve the information stored in the cookie; however this retrieval is unlikely at the current time.
The cookies function by saving your passwords and site preferences. As a result it is possible to speed up your future activities at the Website and allow WTW America to provide you with information specifically tailored to your interests. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. To modify your browser settings click on the help section of your Internet browser and follow the instructions.
The Website contains links to other websites. WTW America is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to the Website.
If you have any queries relating to this Statement, please feel free to contact us by letter at the following address:
Walk the Walk America
1600 Bausch & Lomb Place