On October 3rd, Walk the Walk will bring its MoonWalk marathon from London to New York City for the third time to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer causes. At 10pm on October 3rd, 2015, thousands of women and men will Walk through the streets of New York City wearing brightly decorated bras to inspire others to get to join the cause and encourage women and men to get fit and healthy by taking control of their wellbeing. Since its inception sixteen years ago in London, MoonWalk has engaged over 437,000 participants and has raised over $158 million dollars to support breast cancer research by donating to charities such as Penny Brohn Cancer Care, Breast Cancer Institute, Maggie’s Centre, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center here in NYC.
Our goal for The MoonWalk New York City 2015 is to raise awareness and funds for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center‘s Breast Examination Center of Harlem. At the Breast Examination Center, over 80% of the patients are uninsured. We want are working to ensure that every breast cancer patient – regardless of where she or he lives or works or was born – has the access to highly effective breast cancer medicine to achieve the best outcome, no matter their circumstance.
Here’s more information about The MoonWalk New York City 2015 including:
- 2014 Press Release
- 2013 Press Release
- Nina Barough Bio
- MoonWalk New York City Route Map – Coming Soon!
Moonwalk in the News
- Life & Style (July 23, 2013):
- In Touch Weekly (July 23, 2013):
- Gothamist (July 21, 2013):
- Metro NY (July 18, 2013):
- NY Daily News (July 13, 2013):
- Lushcake.com (February 26, 2013):
- NewCity.MacaroniKid.com (February 14, 2013):
- MamaGoesNatural.com (February 14, 2013):
- The Express (May 11, 2012):
- The Standard (May 10, 2012):
- Daily Mail (May 9, 2012):
- The Scotsman (June 10, 2011):
- Financial Times (April 14, 2010):
Members of the media can contact Natalie Ferro at LeadDog Marketing Group for additional information.
By phone: 212-488-1462
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org/
LeadDog Marketing Group